Friday favourites // 04


ONE // Winter is back, my dear

Whenever it's winter, I'm always wishing that it's summer. Whenever it's summer, I'm always wishing that it's winter. Right now it's winter, and with the unrelenting wind chill, it's difficult for me to cherish this weather, even though I know that I'll be wishing for it when summer comes around. So let's forget about the frostbite and remember the magic. Get cozy in stripes, neutrals, and scarves, flaunt it in cashmere and silk, get crafty by turning an old book into a new purse, and escape to Burberry backstage.


TWO // How I got my start in the creative industry

It takes courage to stray from the conventional career path into the creative industry. If that's what you want to do, know that it's possible, but don't expect it to be easy. It'll be hard work, but you can do it. There is no better time to start than now. Even high school isn't too early (check out this interior design installation)! Find and embrace your design style, create a moodboard, play with cool gadgets, utilize Bloglovin', come up with original content, vary your content, and break out of your creative drought. Don't be deterred by these myths, and know that it's okay to earn money from blogging.


THREE // Takoyaki recipe

Part two of my three part winter break was spent in Japan. Unfortunately I wasn't able to bring food carts back with me to the States, but did you know that you can make your own takoyaki with a Dutch pancake maker (or really any pan with spherical shapes)? What that means to me is that I can make takoyaki from my dorm room! I mean, I probably shouldn't, but I could. Some other recipes on my radar are homemade butterbeer, wild mushroom and gruyère egg baskets, huggie bear biscuits, coconut macaroons, almond salted caramels, and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and marzipan succulent.


FOUR // On changing dreams

It's a new year and the only thing constant is change. Have you written out your resolutions or are you set on having the worst year ever? Well, I guess that's not totally fair. You don't have to have resolutions to have a good year, but it doesn't hurt to get a little organized with a desktop calendar. I myself have set 2015 blogging goals and 2015 personal mantras. Hopefully your holiday break in Brighton or the Bahamas or Iceland or wherever has gotten you refreshed, re-energized, and ready to go. To get us started on the right foot, here are six productivity tips for working at your desk.


FIVE // One less stranger

If you want to walk in the footsteps of HONY, this is your chance. Are there people you always see but never talk to? This is your chance. As a shy introvert, I know that this is easier said than done, but all it takes is a "hello!" Spread the love. Share the happiness. Do a random act of kindness. You don't have to do something as extravagant as this hairstylist did. It can be something as simple as tipping a little more than you need to. Or even just listening. Because everyone has a story to tell.

How has your week been?

PS: 030201.

Labels: ,