#tbt the seasons

Spring has finally sprung, and here I am throwing it back to winter. I considered pulling photos of campus from my archive spanning all the way from autumn, but while I was sifting through my photos, I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures during autumn, which is extra weird because I love autumn, or at least my idealization of it: ugly sweaters, scarves, pumpkin spice lattes, cuddling because it's cold, autumn leaves, hiking in the brisk air, and after that snow, hot cocoa, and malls decorated for holidays.

I remember waiting. Waiting for the leaves to turn from green to red, on the verge of brown but not quite. Waiting for komorebi, but greeted by drizzle. Waiting for leaves to fall into aesthetic piles, but still having a few dangling from the branches. Waiting for the perfect moment to whip out my camera.


These last few days I've been on the look out for the perfect spring day. For when the sun shines bright but not too harsh. For when the grass finally grows in a lush field of green. For when the cherry blossoms bloom a vibrant pink but with a soft aura. For when the sky is clear without a cloud in sight.

A few trees have started blossoming, but I want to catch the campus in full bloom. It'll be absolutely magical! I mean, more so than it already is. Can you even imagine? An absolute paradise.


The trees that first bloomed are darkening into a deep red. Others have already sprung and fallen. What else have I missed while I've been waiting? What else will I miss if I keep waiting? Autumn passed without a single picture taken. This time around, I'm determined to not let spring do the same.


The perfectionist in me is always waiting for the perfect moment, but rarely does anyone ever get it. We perfectionists are the greatest procrastinators, because we're always waiting for everything to fall perfectly in place, but nothing ever does, and the thought of starting from anywhere less is terrifying.

We wait and wait and wait, but the truth of the matter is that the only thing we need to be afraid of is of standing still (x). Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle (x).

What have you been waiting for? Isn't it about time for you to go out and get it?

PS: BMC in summer, in winter, in winter (again), in spring.

Labels: ,