Life lately // 02

I didn't expect to have nine pictures ready by the end of the week, but I've underestimated how much fun it is to snap quick shots with nothing more than a smartphone. Don't expect these every Sunday though haha. Pro tip: Bad lighting? No problem, the black and white filter is the answer to your prayers.


01 // The lighting in my house is horrid. The room I usually work in is at the center of the house where there are no windows--it's the only room with a semi-cleared table. The windows we have always have blinds drawn over them, idk why. Whenever I want to take a picture of something, I wait until morning or afternoon when the sun is up, open the front door, pull up the blinds, and then place whatever I want to photograph in the unobstructed sunlight. When I'm done, I close the door and pull the blinds back down. Maybe I should start leaving the blinds up and see if anyone in my family does anything about it.

02 // It's peach season! White nectarines are one of my favorite fruits, right up along with blueberries, mangoes, and green grapes, but peaches are close enough. No, I don't usually eat by the windowsill; I just needed the light. Yes, I pulled the blinds up just for this. It's my favorite photo of the set! Worth it.

03 // My fingers are beautifully callused! I've been working on them so that I could play guitar without hurting. Gotta get through the pain first though. Strangely enough, my fingertips are not what hurt the most; my left thumb is. My left index finger and left pinkie aren't doing so well either. Are they supposed to hurt? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Anyways, I've learned how to play "All Because of Jesus," "Marvelous Light," "Lead Me to the Cross," and "How He Loves." I think I'm leading worship next year, so I thought I'd get a start on learning contemporary Christian songs.

04 // I finally went on a midnight McDonald's run! Well, a walk really, and it was with a friend--thank goodness--otherwise I would have been scared out of my wits. It was cool to catch up with my friend before he left for his flight the next day. It would have been nicer if the night didn't involve mosquitoes. The photo clearly wasn't taken at midnight. I was at the plaza two other times (during the day) to hang out with friends at Starbucks. Eating and talking with good company, what more do you need?

05 // Midnight quesadillas! Yeah I get hungry at midnight. Maybe it's in my genes. Midnight quesadillas are a sort of tradition my brothers and I have. It's really just making and eating quesadillas at midnight.

06 // Dad got back from Taiwan! He came back with a whole trunk full of Taiwanese snacks, including pork floss, wasabi peas without the wasabi, and pineapple cake with too much pineapple. He also brought back a pack of Salonpas, as per my request. They're pain/muscle relief patches, but I use them for mosquito bites. That's how intense my pain is. Just imagine. Okay maybe I'm going a little overboard. But Salonpas is magical. Mom left for Taiwan yesterday! I'll be sending her a shopping list.

07 // I usually never get ice-cream from Baskin-Robbins or Häagen-Dazs because they're too expensive. I'm more of a Coldstone kinda gal, but I can't pass by a Yogen Früz without getting something. Fro-yo ftw. Anyways, some time over the past year while I was away for college, my family started going on Friday night Baskin-Robbins runs. I'm currently devouring a scoop of Jamoca.

08 // Not much of a story behind this one. Just enjoying this Instagram aesthetic. Do you think it's worthy? :P Had a good lunch with the family at Blue Elephant. The Pad Thai was spicier than expected.

09 // Spending quality time with my youngest brother, Danny! The other brother is away on a two-week camping trip. Anyways, Danny and I have been having fun. We watched the underrated Disney movies on our list and had popcorn in bed, I read Sherlock Holmes aloud and he humored me by pretending to listen, and we entertained ourselves with crazy sunglasses and oversized hats while Mom spent ages shopping. A collection of bad selfies ensued (*crazy eyes*). I managed one kinda-good one of myself, but bad selfies are always more fun. Add me on Snapchat @auderoylin for more shenanigans ;)

How've you been, and what are your favorite Instagram accounts? Keep the inspiration coming!

PS: 01.

Labels: