Brecon all the records // 34x52 mornings


If you wake up early enough, with the sun still making its way through the sky, you might be able to hike from Brecon to the main campus without breaking a sweat. It's quieter than most mornings because not everyone has arrived yet. Just working students, fall athletes, and the Dorm Leadership Team (DLT).

On mornings like these, it feels like I have the whole campus to myself, like I have my own big little secret garden. Winding through the halls of an unlocked castle, I choose a door at random and step out into the cloisters where I can see last night's handiwork laid out to dry, right where we left them.



This year I am part of Brecon Hall's DLT as a Peer Mentor (student academic advisor). I've held more than a few leadership positions before, but I still get nervous every time. The stakes are higher when there are other people relying on you, but it's so rewarding knowing you've been able to help someone, that you've made a valuable contribution. And I want to continue to be someone who does that.

So maybe I'm not entirely the most confident. So maybe I don't feel the most qualified. But I believe that I can rise to the occasion, and the only way to do that is to step out of my comfort zone.

That's where all the best things are.



Working together, brainstorming puns, painting banners, writing songs... It's gonna be a great year :)

click HERE to see our completed banner!

READ MORE >>




Brecon Free

music: to the tune of High School Musical's Breaking Free
lyrics: Brecon 2015-16 DLT

We're trekkin', to Brecon
There's not a stair on campus that we can't climb
We're not whinin', we're just Brecon free

No other dorm can see us [coz we're in a different fucking township]
Valley of death between us, but Brecon's got our hearts

Calves of steel, get us to meals
We love this family

WE'RE BRECON FREEEE!!!!

We're trekkin', to Brecon
Back to our bathrooms that are nicer than yours
It's all worth it, coz it's home to me

Oh we're Brecon free
OOOOOOOOOH

Pool table, great laundry
While you're there read in our Smut library
Connected by a feeling, in our very soles

WE'RE BRECON FREEEE!!!!

We're trekkin', to Brecon
There's not a stair on campus that we can't climb
We're not whinin', we're just Brecon free
We're just Brecon free...

PS: 33&32313029282726252423222120191817161514131211100908.

Labels: , ,