Christmas spirit

Is it Christmas yet? I haven't had a chance to properly deck myself (or my room) out with Christmas swag yet, because I've been swamped with end-of-semester projects and assessments (though I have been doing quite a bit of online shopping). Tomorrow I'll be taking my first final exam, and on Thursday I'll be taking my last one. In between, I'll be taking a little study break (remember my productivity tips?) with Heather at the Christmas Village. Until then, enjoy these Christmas music videos!


ONE // Jingle Bells - Minions

I first saw this in theaters while I was waiting for Interstellar to begin. The minions (and the fluffy unicorn) are one of my favorite parts of Despicable Me. I did not like Despicable Me 2, but I'm really excited for Minions. Not so excited for Penguins of Madagascar. And I still need to watch Big Hero 6.


TWO // Shake Up Christmas - Train

Train and Matt & Kim are my go-to artists when I need a little pick-me-up. I love the energy in this music video, and the snow globe motif is cute. I miss songs like this that tell stories, as opposed to songs that try to be "deep" with emotion or songs that repeat the same thing over and over.


THREE // Christmas Time Is Here - Daniela Andrade

I first discovered this YouTube musician through Mariell's blog Hjartesmil. Daniela Andrade has such a unique and calming voice, and her puppy Dina is so adorable! If you want to explore her channel, check out her covers of La Vie En Rose and Latch. Her cover of Falling Slowly was mentioned on HONY!


FOUR // Baby It's Cold Outside - Idina Menzel and Michael Bublé

Ever since I saw Idina Menzel perform in the Broadway Musical Wicked, I've always been in awe of her ridiculous talent, and now she's gained so much popularity from Frozen. Anyways, I love this music video because it reminds me of love in the pure form of an innocent childhood crush.


FIVE // That's Christmas To Me - Pentatonix

This is a beautiful music video. There's nothing like Christmas to bring out the sentimental side of us! In the midst of the magic of the holiday season, try to remember the true reason we're having these celebrations. It's not just about getting gifts, although that's always a plus. What's Christmas to you?

Labels: ,