Caffeine and carbs - 11/52 :)

The first time I went grocery shopping for myself was Fall Break of freshman year. I had a little too much fun. The first time I spent almost $100. The thing is, even though I'm living on my own away from family, I still do enough grocery shopping for my entire family of five. The second time, I managed to whittle it down to $75. As you can see, I still need to work on budgeting, but the food lasted me awhile and none of it went to waste. So this spring break, I decided I wouldn't go grocery shopping and instead survive on a diet of caffeine and carbs (carbs = $1 bread from Asian bakeries).


  1. I invested in a weekly TrailPass for the SEPTA to fund my week of cafe hopping and motivate myself to get out of my room and into Philly instead of lying in bed all day. It was a hefty $44, but as long as you use it more than three days of the week, you'll get your money's worth (an Independence Pass (one-day pass) is $12). The week pass made my life SO much easier. No longer did I need to hide from the ticketer and attempt to slide off the train before he got to me (usually to no avail). It was like getting my first pair of rain boots--a POWERFUL feeling. No longer did I need to tiptoe around puddles, but I could stomp straight through them.
  2. 10 cafes in 7 days. I wish every day could be like how we spent Spring Break. I went to at least one cafe every day and we'd have a good time socializing and have a good time being productive and it never felt so good to work! On Sunday I went to Hothouse Coffee and ran into Amy. On Monday I went to Bluestone Lane with Victoria and Jennifer. On Tuesday I stumbled upon Happily Ever After with Bomi, Romy, and Rhea (we also went to Franklin Fountain for ice-cream). On Wednesday I went to Menagerie Coffee and Bodhi Coffee with Victoria, and also revisited Happily Ever After. On Thursday I went to Plenty Cafe with Victoria and Ami. On Friday I went to Old City Coffee and United by Blue with Victoria and Amy (and in the evening I went back to the area and hung out with ZL). On Saturday I went to One Shot Coffee and ReAnimator Coffee with Victoria and Jennifer. You'll be hearing about each of these cafes on the blog sometime eventually, and if you follow me on Snapchat @auderoylin, you'll have gotten a peek at each of them already!
  3. Currently listening to 위잉위잉 by 혁오.

I think that this has got to be my favourite week of the year so far :)

I want to make an effort to remember the little joys in life, so my 52 week challenge for 2016 is to write weekly Happy Lists.

PS: 10987654321.

Labels: