Strolls, jam, chocolate milk - 14/52 :)

The weeks really are passing by too quickly! There are only four more of them until the last day of classes, six more of them until the end of the school year, and then I'll have completed half of my undergraduate college career! I'm looking through my secret Tumblr of notes I write to remind myself about what I've been up to for these weekly posts and looking through my planner, but I haven't written too much down in either of them this past week. Looking back at my previous Happy Lists, I notice that the majority of my happy things come from the weekend, but the five days in between pass by in blurs.

Because as good as kissing feels, nothing feels as good as the anticipation of it.
-John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I remember how excited I was for this Spring 2016 semester, in which I'd be taking two computer science courses and two linguistics courses, a course schedule devoted solely to my double major, to my areas of interest. But since, the excitement has definitely plateaued, squashed down by stress. As preregistration for the Fall 2016 semester is upon us, I am anticipating the next semester of classes, figuring out what I need to take, scheming with my newfound friends so that we get in the same class.


  1. On a gorgeous Tuesday afternoon, Kat and I decided to make the most of the beautiful day and went on a stroll from Haverford to Bryn Mawr. I've never walked the distance before, thanks to the handy-dandy bus we have that runs between the two campuses every 10-30 minutes, but it seems to me that Kat does this quite often, and now it seems to me that I should too. We stopped by Starbucks before heading into campus and ended up staying there to do some work before we really needed to get back to campus for meetings and stuff.
  2. Andrea Gibson performed at Bryn Mawr College! They are a super famous spoken word artist and activist. I've never been all that into poetry/spoken word, but how could I not at least check out this free event on campus that people worked so hard to pull together? I'm so glad that I did. I cried. Every piece was met with applause, snaps, or silence, and it was all good.
  3. I went grocery shopping on Saturday for the Peer Mentor Tea I'm hosting tonight, and I also did some grocery shopping for myself. A well-stocked fridge always makes me happy. A full carton of almond milk is so comforting. Got Pop-Tarts? I'm ready. Got cereal? I'm ready. Got sesame soup? I'm ready. Got oats? I'm ready. The more decadent purchases also give me great joy. Can't wait to get a taste of that strawberry and rhubarb pie, sun-dried tomato and cheese sourdough toast with brie, and pomegranate green tea.
  4. Spent an afternoon jamming on the uke and guitar with Julia, Victoria, and Georgina. And of course a hangout with this crew isn't complete without singing karaoke to some K-pop.
  5. I had a rough Saturday night, but I was able to sleep it off. In the morning, I found that Julia had left me a takeout box of breakfast at my door, and she even filled a soup container with chocolate milk (!), which got a good laugh out of me. I've recently developed an addiction to the dining hall's chocolate milk and I haven't stopped talking about it. I'm really thankful that my friends put up with me even when I'm not my best.
  6. Currently listening to Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isakov.

I want to make an effort to remember the little joys in life, so my 52 week challenge for 2016 is to write weekly Happy Lists.

PS: Come back Wednesday for a special(?) announcement!

PPS: 13121110987654321.

Labels: