Mornings, grapes, tech - 15/52 :)

Thank you so much for all the thoughtful comments on the last post, and of course a huge thanks to Kat for writing it and helping me out with my little announcement. Maybe it's dumb for me to withdraw from social media as a blogger, but the time to make dumb mistakes is always now (unless you're taking a final exam, then perhaps you should make your dumb mistakes a little earlier).


  1. If I get enough sleep, I'm a morning person. I'm much more efficient in the morning than I am at night. I'm sure many of us know this about ourselves (for those of us for which this is true), but the problem is that I don't usually get enough sleep. This week I've made a point to be better at sleeping at a reasonable time (≤midnight) even if I haven't completely finished all my work, and then wake up a bit earlier the next morning to finish off everything I need to. With finals coming up, it's a good time of year for me to realize and implement this. On one of these productive mornings I finished an assignment, finished reading Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (now reading All the Light We Cannot See), and finished and published a blog post, all before my first class.
  2. On Monday night, I hosted my last Peer Mentor tea! (I'm a Peer Mentor for my dorm, which is like a student academic advisor, or as I like to call it, a mini-dean. Part of our responsibility is to host two teas (socials) per semester.) Not as many people as usual showed up, but that just meant that there was more leftover food for me to take back.
  3. Green seedless grapes are delicious.
  4. It has become a sort of routine for Julia and I to stay at the Haverford computer science lab until late. We usually take a break somewhere in the middle to get up and walk around (usually to the food the Coop (Haverford's campus cafe)) in absurd manners (skipping, dancing to K-pop, practicing our cowboy walk, etc.) to de-stress and release our hysteria.
  5. Trekking back to my dorm after a long night is never a fun thing. I was on the Blue Bus going back to Bryn Mawr from Haverford (guess what I was doing at Haverford) (lab! yay!), and as we approached campus, I started to call for the Lantern Van (campus shuttle) when the Blue Bus driver told me to cancel it and said she'd drive the Blue Bus straight back to Brecon for me. In the late of night, a seemingly small gesture like this means everything to me.
  6. I finally pulled out one of my favourite items in my closet for the first time! It's a top I got from Gypsy Couture when I was in LA over winter break. I liked it so much that I wore it 2.5 times this week. Unfortunately I'm not a fashionista so I'm horrible at describing clothes, but bear with me: it's a short-sleeved solid dark grey knit top that is long but with slits on the sides.
  7. Being productive on Fridays :) at coffee shops :) I always feel extra productive when I work when most people aren't, like on Friday nights, even though I'm probably only being an average amount of productive. I am a n3rd ✌
  8. I attended the Women in Tech Summit! You can read what I wrote about it here.
  9. The much anticipated Tri-Co Battle of the Bands concert was this Saturday! Three hours of live music, what more could you ask for? Although I was running around taking pictures, I still managed to enjoy it all, and I even recruited Georgina to help me record all the performances, which the Bryn Mawr Concert Series can use in future promo material and which I can watch myself over and over for my own personal enjoyment. There was some drama after the concert, and cleaning up after the concert was rough, but Georgina and Julia stayed to help us out. We didn't leave the venue until 1AM. My friends are wonderful human beings.

I want to make an effort to remember the little joys in life, so my 52 week challenge for 2016 is to write weekly Happy Lists.

PS: 1413121110987654321.

Labels: